CSCMP Mission & Goals
The Council of Supply Chain ManagementProfessionals is the preeminent worldwide professional association of supplychain management professionals.
To lead the evolving supply chainmanagement profession by developing, advancing, and disseminating supply chainknowledge and research.
CSCMP exists to:
- Provide opportunities for supply chain professionals to communicate in orderto develop and improve their supply chain management skills
- Identify and conduct research which adds to the knowledge base of supplychain theory and practice
- Create awareness of the significance of supply chain to business and to theeconomy
CSCMP is not:
- A trade association, social organization, or high-density market, so we donot condone suppliers who use the organization to promote their services
- Aligned with shippers, carriers, warehouse operators, material handlingequipment manufacturers, consultants, or any other similar industrial grouping
- An organization that engages in matters where various members have contraryinterests
- An organization that endorses, sanctions, or discourages supplychain-related legislation, products, or services
As a professional not-for-profitorganization, the Council of Supply Chain Management Professionals holds thesevalues:
- We operate with the highest standards of integrity andethics.
- We are committed to the individual professional development of our members.
- We are an inclusive organization, open to all who wish toenhance their supply chain management knowledge.
- We endeavor to be the supply chain management thoughtleaders by encouraging, promoting, and disseminating leading edgeproducts and services.
- We endeavor to offer products and services of the highest quality.
1) Provides leadership indeveloping, defining, understanding, and enhancing the logistics and supplychain management profession.
- Retain and Recruit Members
- Be a source of high quality information
2) Enhances member value through education, networking, research,communication, and other services
- Support global roundtables
- Provide and promote high quality education to help our members and improvethe profession
- Provide and promote high quality education and member networkingopportunities through an annual educational conference
- Provide and promote high quality research to help our members and improvethe profession
- Communicate effectively with all constituents
3) Operates with sound business practices.
- Be a flexible and responsive professional association
- Provide necessary infrastructure to support the association’s vision,mission and goals
- Utilize sound financial practices